If areas of your lawn don’t see much sunlight, you may have had some difficulty growing thick, green grass. Requiring only 2-6 hours of sunlight, Pennington Smart Seed Dense Shade offers the perfect mix of Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue to thrive in shady conditions. This grass seed is disease and traffic-resistant, resulting in a strong and durable lawn. Plant it in early spring or early fall and see results in 8 to 16 days. This 3-pound bag covers up to 750 square feet for overseeding an existing lawn and 250 square feet for starting a new lawn from scratch. What makes Smart Seed smart? It’s our industry-leading innovation. Pennington's NexGen Turf Research is the largest private grass seed research facility in the United States. We lead the industry in developing top-performing, water-conserving, sustainable seed. Once established, our purebred, drought-tolerant Smart Seed grass requires up to 30 percent less water than ordinary grass seed. That's year after year, for the life of your lawn. Plus, our advanced, fertilizer-enhanced seed coat technology speeds establishment and promotes greener grass. Born from Pennington innovation and NexGen breeding and research, Smart Seed brings you better seed, better sustainability and better results.
- The perfect mix of Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue to thrive in shady conditions
- Grow thick, green grass in areas of your lawn that don't receive much sunlight
- Contains just the right amount of fertilizer to help your lawn succeed
- Requires only 2 to 6 hours of sunlight
- Disease and traffic-resistant for a strong, durable lawn
- Save up to 30% more water year after year versus ordinary grass seed
- Guaranteed to grow
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.